Geplaatst op 18 mei 2020
合気道ーAikido at HOMEー 17 mei 2020
合気道ーAikido at HOMEー
Aikido at Home
During the period of practice cancellation Mitsuteru Ueshiba Hombu Dojo-cho will introduce practices that can be done at home.
Created with the feeling of morning practice at Hombu Dojo, please practice with us in front of your computer screen.
• Rowing exercise
• Tenkan movement
• Introduction of the Doka, Poems of Aikido (from Aikido Shinzui Aikido Kaiso Ueshiba Morihei Goroku, written by the Founder Morihei Ueshiba)
• Doka are poems (waka) written by the Founder about Aikido.
• They are written in old Japanese (kobun), so there can be many interpretations of them.
• In accordance with that, this is a loose translation so that viewers can grasp some meaning for themselves, and in no way intended to be a definitive translation or interpretation of these works.
On this occasion, we will touch on the Doka the Founder left us as part of his legacy.
Recited text: Arigataya Izu to Mizu to no Aikido ooshiku susume mizu no mikoe ni.
Translation: “Aikido was brought forth through the guidance of Izu and Mizu (two ancient Japanese gods).
Follow the path tirelessly, with plenty of gratitude for the things that were given.”
• The videos will be available for a limited period of time.
• Please do not download or use these videos in other ways.
link to the video https://www.facebook.com/AikikaiFoundation/videos/740172136905495/